- Be careful giving Memory to Java, I recommend leaving at least 2gb to your computer for the operating system and any background processes. This can result in Ram getting overloaded and PC crashes
Alright so in this tutorial we are going to be learning how to give Java access to more of the computers Ram than it is given by Default. It is a simple and easy process, here is how to do it.
Step 1 Open your Java Options
- Open CONTROL PANEL.
- Type 'Java' inside the 'Search Control Panel' box.
- Click the Java icon that pops up.
- Click the Java tab.
- Click View...
Step 2 Change the Amount of Ram
Here is where you are going to change the amount of ram that java has access to. Under "Java Runtime Parameters" you are going to want to type in -Xmx**** and replace the **** with the amount of ram you want to add. This is going to be in Megabytes so if you want to add (for example) 2 Gigabytes of Memory you are going to want to type -Xmx2048. If you want to find the number for you just search up a Mb to Gb converter.
Step 3 Finish Up
Click "Ok" and then "Ok" again. This may require a computer restart to take effect.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades